On Monday, our MagicBands arrived, right on the 25 day mark! Friends of ours will be arriving one day after us and they received theirs on Tuesday, so Disney’s scheduling seems to work like a well-oiled machine!
Something new to me in the current, non-Incredible’s packaging, is the “Magical Extras” tabs (seen in brown) on both sides of the box. On the left side is an insert with instructions on how to use your MagicBand, as well as warnings about Pacemakers and such with the use of RFID technology. On the right side, however, is where I noticed the biggest difference. Along with a luggage tag for each guest was a folded insert that includes a credit card-sized savings card. In the past, we had always received the larger brochure with a bunch of tear out coupons. This card, however, directs you to a website for information about where you can present it for discounts. There are still a handful of coupons for things like miniature golf, but most everything else is on the card.
Discounts included at the time of this post are:
- 4 vouchers to one of the two 18-hole miniature golf course, Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course or Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course
- 4 vouchers for general admission to ESPN’s Wide World of Sports Complex
- 10% off the non-discounted price of all activities from Sammy Duvall’s Water Sports at Sammy Duvall’s Water Sports Centre at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- 10% off the non-discounted price of bowling at Splitsville Luxury Lanes as well as 10% off the price of food and non-alcoholic beverages and 10% off Splitsville merchandise
- 10% off the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages at Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs
- 10% off or $1.00 off any specialty sundae at Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop at Disney Springs
- 20% off the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages at House of Blues Restaurant and Bar at Disney Springs
- 20% off your entire purchase (excluding alcohol) at any Joffrey’s Coffee and Tea Company location on property
- 10% off the purchase of food and non-alcoholic beverages at Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs
- 10% off the purchase of food or non-alcoholic beverages at Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs
- 10% off your purchase of non-sale items at Basin at Disney Springs or at Basin White in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
- 10% off your purchase at Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers at Disney Springs, Magic Kingdom, and Epcot
- 10% off the non-discounted price of merchandise at Curl by Sammy Duvall at Disney Springs
- 20% off a single full-priced item at JOHNNY WAS at Disney Springs
- 10% off the non-discounted price of merchandise at Live Trends at Disney Springs
- 10% off the non-discounted price of merchandise at Pop Gallery at Disney Springs
- 10% off the non-discounted price of merchandise at Something Silver at Disney Springs
- 10% off the non-discounted price of merchandise at Sublime Gifts and Finds at Disney Springs
- Receive a gift with any purchase of $50 or more at Sugarboo & Co. at Disney Springs
- Receive Customization up to $35 at UGG at Disney Springs
Overall, if you plan to spend any time at Disney Springs, you can find some pretty nice discounts through the Magical Extras program.
So what do you think, have there been any improvements to the discount program for resort guests or is it just a new format? Let me know in the comments below!